TK just released the Kraken https://www.tandemkross.com/the-kraken-aluminum-lower-for-the-ruger-mark-iv-2245.html
With the BYOK Kit, you have everything needed to build a full lower. A donor frame/stock lower is no longer needed. Just build lower and pick upper of your choice.
The machining and fit and finish are top quality. The fit is TIGHT. I’ve built a few older Rugers and this was still a bit of a challenge. It was a fun project. The internals used the Volquartsen sear, but the TK trigger. A few tips:
- mixed parts in the BYOK kit- maybe I mixed them up, but check the small BYOK kit on this pdf. 6/7 and 1/2 were swapped. Once that was identified, all GTG: https://www.tandemkross.com/assets/images/product-Rebuild_Kit_Ruger-Mark_IV-2245-Part_Chart.pdf
- when putting in the safety and setting the hammer, you have to pull the trigger to allow the trigger bar to go down and then into the slot on the sear. Before I was pushing down like mad trying to get the hammer seated but it just wouldn’t go.
- Put in the set screw into the trigger before installing, it will make it easier.
- I still prefer the Volquartsen triggershoe.
- the extended mag button is plastic, not metal, I will most likely make a metal replacement.
- the extended safety is very good, better than expected.
311 total views, 1 today